To us at the Urban Butler, it’s all about sharing memorable experiences with our communities. We’re a team of passionate travellers who also love property and the places we call home – we combine all of this to leave our guests with lasting memories when they come and stay with us.
In this role as Service Delivery Team Leader your primary responsibility will be ensuring we achieve the above!
We’re a small team and you’ll have a huge opportunity to shape the future for the company and our people, as well as for our communities. We don’t let complicated rules and processes get in the way of what we want to do – good ideas get done!
Where we work
As well as a handy Central Auckland location (in an open plan, vibrant shared office) we support some flexible work from home, from the beach and from the properties we manage, when possible.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Annual personal development budget for you to spend on career and skills training.
- Heavily discounted accommodation rates to stay in any of our properties as well as a free weekend stay per year.
- Engaged, friendly team and workplace.
- Work flexibility.
About the role
The main purpose of the Service Delivery Team Leader is to deliver on our vision of providing our guests with memorable experiences. You will be responsible for overseeing all day-to-day communication with Urban Butler guests (email, phone, booking platforms) and ensuring the property management tasks are performed in a timely manner and in accordance to their needs (overseeing and coordinating external cleaning team, handymen, technicians and suppliers tasks). You will also be responsible for the improvement of any processes related to service delivery.
To achieve the purpose described above, specific ongoing duties of this role include:
- Supervising guest communications across all channels and ensuring response timeframe KPIs are met. Reporting to the Operations Manager on these.
- Supervising the performance of our external call center and after hours guest assistance. Providing retraining where needed and identifying improvements.
- Planning on-call rotating shifts for team to answer call centre escalations.
- Acting as support and a first escalation point on bookings, booking payments, guest and property management for our Guest Experience Consultant and after hours call center when needed.
- Supervising Property Manager tasks as well as Property Management related tasks performed by our external housekeeping team and any external contractors (suppliers, handymen, technicians).
- Identifying areas of improvement for any areas of service delivery (communications, in-stay guest experience, property management, etc.), proposing solutions to the team, and working with Operations Management in their planning and implementation.
- Acting as a point of contact for building managers on matters relating to service delivery.
- Working alongside our Owner Team to resolve issues that may arise, affecting the guest and owner areas alike.
- Overseeing the performance of our online Guest Portal.
What we’re Looking For:
We’re defined by our three core values below, and we’re looking for someone with the same!
- Community – consistency and flexibility through compassion, relationships, and communication
- Curiosity – learning and resourcefulness – developing innovative, proactive, and unique solutions
- Credibility – acting with integrity and consistently delivering on our promises
In terms of other specific experience and qualities for this role, you will need to possess and demonstrate:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a customer service Team Lead / Management role, including handling claims, complaints and clashing interests between parties.
- A positive, customer focused (people first!) attitude and the ability to balance it with the company’s interests and needs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative and proactivity to identify areas of improvement, investigate and propose possible solutions.
- Previous experience in the tourism and hospitality industry and / or property management is not essential, but a big plus!
Part of this role will require some on-call afterhours and weekends work.
If you're interested in applying for this role, please send us a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.